My Raya in Oversea






Peace be upon to you all my readers. Still feeling the raya vibe? How fast time flies, we're now entering  Syawal 7th. Have you done completing your puasa 6? If not, hurry up or you will end up being so busy tackling down with your business and dealing with time, and for girls, just you know kehkehkeh.   May Allah grant us colossal amount of strength and a capable time to do so.

It is only 3 months since I came to Egypt, but I am longing to my country like it has  been years I am here. At first, I don't really feel jumpy and nervouse  as I am doing pretty well, yeah I mean I have lots of friends here, all the seniors are so amicable, but as time approaching Ramadan, the oikotropic mood started to fluctuate. I even waggished my friends saying that I want to fly back to Malaysia for a while just to have suhoor and breakfasting with my family. Hahaha. I turned to get envious ((secretly)) to my siblings and my Malaysian friends, but thank God, I could endure this kind of dispirited for a moment. And then, Hari Raya come. How I felt so insipid. Everything seems to be novel, like strikingly new and unusual for me. I don't see my mom in front the stove with her rendang, my father with his lip lap lip lap light, my brothers and sisters fussing around like there's no tomorrow. I am but no feeling excited as before(this rascal is not doing shenanigans, she takes a break), but my mom told me, we still need to celebrate the Eid joyfully , it is the victory day to Muslims.

First Raya, we performed our Solat Sunat Raya at Musa Mosque. After that, we paved our way to Embassy of Kuala Lumpur Students' Hostel (old building) to celebrate our raya. There's tazkirah, sort of activities before we start to eat. We went home around 11 am. I feel so tired and peaky that the next day I just laying on my bed snoring and not doing nothing.

Arabian's tradition here, they utterly celebrate Ramadan most, and only celebrate first Syawal. That's such a distinction to be compared to what I used to go through in Malaysia. Cool, there's no way I'm going to grunt. There's still rumah terbuka held by Malaysians here, but I just don't attend. I'm not feeling well and having a sore headache and stomach ache(due to the hot weather and unhealthy diet) that qualify me to be well unorganized. Besides I don't really have a mood to go anywhere hmm. I could only sober enough after few days.

Anyway, still, celebrating Eid in oversea has its own aesthetic albeit of the diversity of the culture and the festival, but Malay remains Malay. Rumah terbuka is a must kehkehkeh. Of all the new surroundings here, it is likely to electrifying me as I'm a newbie here. I learnt a lot, and somehow I appear to be more matured. Note to self -: Please do not bawling eyes out for a longer period.

I provided you below some pictures of me celebrating my raya:




At Musa Mosque




Rumah terbuka Embassy of Kuala Lumpur Students' Hostel



During preparation of making kuih raya for bake off contest. 


My free speech regarding rumah terbuka of my house. 
.

How about next year? Flying back to Malaysia or not? Hmm. 







Comments

  1. A few nice words....
    "Kehkehkehkeh" (2x)
    and I can imagine your smile.. (sengih) kkk ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii ^^ selamat hari raya :D moga-moga ada rezeki pulang beraya di malaysia tahun depan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahh bestnya beraya kat tempat orang. Anyway Selamat Hari Raya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tapi masih terngiang-ngiang sambutan raya di Malaysia lol. Selamat Hari Raya jugak kakak cantik. (lambat dah wish)

      Delete

Post a Comment

A few nice words can help a person more than you think.

Popular Posts